Praise for My Books


"Manreet Sodhi Someshwar is a gifted writer of great promise. I have a gut feeling we have a new star rising in Punjab's literary horizon. She has an excellent command of English and a sly sense of humour."
- Khushwant Singh on The Long Walk Home

"An enjoyable tale of a sassy girl's headlong race up the corporate ladder."
- India Today on Earning the Laundry Stripes


Monday 25 November 2013

Mehrunisa Khosa, the Desi Sherlock

I saved the best for the last, yessiree!

Mehrunisa is my heroine. I created her from a Persian mother and a Punjabi father, and gave her my love of Mughal history and Renaissance art. She is an embodiment of the syncretic Sufi faith, which melds several disparate elements into a glorious whole. She has the strength and beauty of marble - she is my Taj come alive.

She is also a thoroughly contemporary woman, brave, resourceful, independent. She relies on her deep knowledge of history and powers of deductive reasoning to solve the mysteries that keep sprouting in her path.

But the finest marble can hide a vein, and in The Hunt For Kohinoor, her second adventure, will Mehrunisa be able to overcome her faultline, locate the mysterious Kohinoor, save the nation and solve the mystery of her missing father?

Watch Mehrunisa Live on your screens, now!



Meanwhile, I have a question to ask: Have you book your copy of #TheHuntForKohinoor yet? What are you waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment