Praise for My Books


"Manreet Sodhi Someshwar is a gifted writer of great promise. I have a gut feeling we have a new star rising in Punjab's literary horizon. She has an excellent command of English and a sly sense of humour."
- Khushwant Singh on The Long Walk Home

"An enjoyable tale of a sassy girl's headlong race up the corporate ladder."
- India Today on Earning the Laundry Stripes


Wednesday 22 May 2013

My Arrant City



Hong Kong, where it pours like Hell’s fury in the morn
And the afternoon, glows golden like ripening corn,
Blue skies, dotted with cirrus,
Transmogrify to a monster thunderous.
My crazy arrant city -
You mirror my mood with alacrity:
Thrashing awhile in history...
I might have emerged with some artillery!

©Manreet Sodhi Someshwar

Image courtesy http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcmaster/favorites/?view=lg

No comments:

Post a Comment