Praise for My Books


"Manreet Sodhi Someshwar is a gifted writer of great promise. I have a gut feeling we have a new star rising in Punjab's literary horizon. She has an excellent command of English and a sly sense of humour."
- Khushwant Singh on The Long Walk Home

"An enjoyable tale of a sassy girl's headlong race up the corporate ladder."
- India Today on Earning the Laundry Stripes


Thursday 27 August 2009



The Delhi reading was opened by Urvashi Butalia, founder of Zubaan - an independent non-profit publishing house that grew out of India's first Feminist publishing house Kali for Women. My publisher had not informed me that Urvashi would be there and I was absolutely thrilled to meet her. Her book, The Other Side of Silence, is widely regarded as one of the most influential books on Partition, its aftermath and the role of collective violence against women. Her book formed an integral part of my research when writing The Long Walk Home.


In addition, in June Urvashi had written a lovely review of my book for Tehelka. You can read it www.tehelka.com/story_main42.asp?filename=hub060609in_search.asp So I can be forgiven for gushing, "I loved your review" when I met her. Her reply, "I loved your book" had me going 'mauja hi mauja'!


No comments:

Post a Comment